Ever heard “too much of a good thing can be bad”? That is definitely the case with Apple Cider Vinegar.
It has many benefits, you can definitely intake too much of it.
I started looking into this because if I have nausea, I drink a hot cup of water with 1-2 Tbl of Apple Cider Vinegar, and bam…almost always works.
I wanted to know more about that…but I also learned about the side effects of using too much. So, if you are like me and use it liberally, read on.
- Helps kill bad bacteria.
- May help lower blood sugar
- Reduces appetite – may aid in weight loss
- Common remedy for dry skin and eczema.
- Has antibacterial properties – could use it to prevent skin infections (temporarily).
- Delayed stomach emptying – bad for people with gastroparesis and Type 1 diabetes.
- May cause nausea.
- May cause low potassium levels
- May cause bone loss
- May cause tooth enamel erosion.
- May cause throat burn.
- May cause skin to burn.
- Medication interactions with insulin, digoxin, and certain diuretics.
How to use apple cider vinegar wisely:
- Diluted – mix with water or use it in cooking.
- If drinking with water/drink, 2 Tablespoons max.
- Drink through a straw.
- Rinse your mouth after taking it. Wait 30 minutes before brushing.
- Use organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with “mother” – where the good stuff is.